WLR 8/15/30 - Radar Level Sensor for Water and Waves
HyQuest Solutions’ WLR 8/15/30 is a highly accurate radar level sensor that measures the distance from the sensor to the surface. It uses advanced 80 GHz radar technology to provide accurate and stable measurements. Using contactless technology for measurement of…
|Radar Type||W-band 77-81 GHz FMCW radar|
|Beam Angle||12° both axes|
|Blind Zone||0.2 m|
|Accuracy||+/- 3 mm|
|Connector||M12 circular 12-pin|
|Temperature Range||Operational temperature: -40 °C to +85 °C (without heating or coolers)|
|Enclosure Dimensions||Ø 65 mm x H 55 mm|
HyQuest Solutions’ WLR 8/15/30 is a highly accurate radar level sensor that measures the distance from the sensor to the surface. It uses advanced 80 GHz radar technology to provide accurate and stable measurements. Using contactless technology for measurement of level of fluids and solids provides many advantages over traditional methods due to simple installation, low power consumption and minimal to no maintenance.
The WLR 8/15/30 is the ideal radar sensor for hydrological, oceanographic and other environmental monitoring applications demanding contactless measurement of water levels or wave sizes. Low power consumption, multiple supported communication interfaces, and compatibility with HyQuest Solutions’ dataloggers allow users to quickly and effortlessly integrate the WLR 8/15/30 into new or existing applications.
WLR is available in 3 models that differ in the detection distance only: 8 m, 15 m or 30 m.
When compared to ultrasonic sensors for level measurement, radar technology provides advantage in precision, as the changes in air temperature which affect the quality of ultrasound measurements do not affect radar measurements.
The WLR 8/15/30 can be easily upgraded. For advanced applications, custom designed logic and detection can be programmed for specific measurement tasks and processes.
- Contactless measurement of distance from the sensor to the surface
- Ultra-precise 80 GHz radar technology
- Highly accurate measurements
- Measurement quality not affected by changes in air temperature or density
- Low power consumption
- Simple installation, easy mounting
- Water-resistant and dust-proof
- Various communication interfaces
- Compatible with HyQuest Solutions’ dataloggers (see flip side)
WLR 8/15/30 can be used for
- Water Level: surface water
- Water Level: open channels
- Tidal Waves: coastal areas, tide influenced river estuaries