MAG/D & MAG/CMC Magna Rod
HyQuest Solutions’ Magna Rod takes all the headaches out of current meter gauging: It is the all-in-one solution for measurement of stream velocity and discharge by wading. It bundles a robust, lightweight and convenient rod with a counter device and additionally…
HyQuest Solutions’ Magna Rod takes all the headaches out of current meter gauging: It is the all-in-one solution for measurement of stream velocity and discharge by wading. It bundles a robust, lightweight and convenient rod with a counter device and additionally offers the possibility to attach various current meters.
The Magna Rod is available in two models:
- MAG/D: measures and displays sounding/ depth of observation only
- MAG/CMC: measures and displays sound-ing/depth of observation AND current meter revolutions, and computed point velocity
Current meters fitted with a cat whisker ball and wire contact to perform a mechanical switch closure can be used with the rods to produce a clean, noise-free signal. The water velocity is directly computed and displayed on the LCD. The Magna Rod supports up to 6 current meters with each meter having up to 3 rating equations and 3 rotations/sec ranges. Thus ‘point’ velocity can be displayed from almost any mechanically rotating current meter.
The Magna Rod does not need to be connected to an external device. Its visual indicators, LCD and internal buzzer can be used to make conventional cur-rent meter measurements and compute water velocity using look-up tables if required. Magna Rods offer a bluetooth interface to communicate with mobile devices. They provide serial data that can be used by external devices to compute discharge.
- LCD (with back lighting)
- Two-button keypad
- Units: imperial or metric
- Computes and displays depth, counts and velocity (CMC)
- Bluetooth® interface (for compatible external devices)
- In-built signal processing: signal conditioning and “shorts” detection
- Test modes: spin + dwell
- Low power operation
- Easy-to-read ruler on rod
- Adaptors available for HyQuest Solutions’ current meters OSSPC1 and RB1
- Support for 3rd-party items
|Level||Bull eye integrated into handle|
|Power Supply||3 x 1.5 V AA Alkaline batteries|
|Weight||3 kg (for 1.2 m or 4 ft)|
|Scope of Delivery||
- Flow Gauging in Surface Waters