Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
HyQuest Solutions’ TB4 Series II is a high-quality tipping bucket rain gauge for measuring rainfall and precipitation in urban and rural locations. Due to the integrated syphon, the gauge delivers high levels of accuracy across a broad range of rainfall intensities.
The tried and proven design od the TB4 Series II ensures long-term, accurate and repeatable results. It is manufactured from high quality, durable materials ensuring long-term stability in the harshest of environments. It consists of a robust powder-coated aluminium enclosure, a UV-resistant ASA polymer base, and stainless steel fasteners and ﬁnger ﬁlter.
TB4 Series II provides a ﬁnger ﬁlter that ensures the collector catch area remains unblocked when leaves, bird droppings and other debris ﬁnd their way into the catch.
The base incorporates two water outlets at the bottom allowing for water collection and data veriﬁcation.
Maintenance of the TB4 Series II is easy, because removal of the outer enclosure and access to the tipping bucket mechanism and ﬁnger ﬁlter assembly is made easy with quick release fasteners. The new more spacious enclosure makes maintenance even easier.
TB4 Series II includes a dual output 24 V DC reed switch allowing for output redundancy or the addition of a second data logger. The second output could also be used for connecting HyQuest Solutions’ Bluetooth pulse counter CMCbt paired with the free FCD application that allow for easy and accurate ﬁeld calibration even in noisy (urban) environments. The reed switch incorporates varistor protection against surges that may be induced on long, inappropriately shielded signal cables.
- Long-term stable calibration
- Accuracy not affected by rainfall intensity
- Minimal maintenance required
- Robust design for all environments
- Expandability: Optional autonomous real-time rain monitoring and reporting system RainTrak Undercover with in-built telemetry and logging (see ﬂip side)
- Classical Meteorology and Climatology
- Environmental, Hydrological and Air Quality Monitoring
- Road Trafﬁc Infrastructure
- Water Treatment Plants, Dams, Reservoirs
- Airports and Airﬁelds
- Water Resources Management
- 0.1 mm, 0.2 mm, 0.5 mm, 1.0 mm, 0.01 inch
- O-250 mm per hour; +/-2 %
- 250-500 mm per hour; +/-3 %
- 700 mm per hour
- Enclosure: anodised and powder-coated aluminium
- Base: UV-resistant ASA polymer
- Bucket: chrome plated ABS
- Field-proven high-quality sapphire pivots: long-life, free from corrosion
Dimensions & Mass
- 200 mm diameter catch
- 330 mm height
- 3.3 kg
- Operating Temperature Range: +4 °C to +7O °C; Humidity: 0-100 %
Autonomous System RainTrak Undercover:
TB4 Series II can be used as a component of the RainTrak to provide a reliable and autonomous real-time rain monitoring and reporting system. Features: turnkey operation, battery operated with solar panel, integrated undercover IP-capable data logger, periodic or event-driven data communication, wireless communication, incl. antenna, custom designed for harsh environments.
Pole Mount Bracket:
Pole mount bracket with stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers to suit TB3, TB4 Series II, TB6 Series II or TB7 tipping bucket rain gauge base. Suits 50 mm NB galvanised pipe with 2” BSP thread.
The bird guard prevents wild or feral birds from perching or roosting and thus increases accuracy by stopping bird feces from dropping inside the gauge funnel.
Portable Field Calibration Device (FCD):
The FCD effectively enables ﬁeld technicians to run functional tests and calibrations of any given rain gauge in the ﬁeld avoiding dismantling of TBRG’s, reducing TBRG downtime and thereby saving time and money.
iRIS dataloggers and data modems:
- Robust housing
- IP over one or two channels of your choice: 4G with 3G fallback / GPRS, satellite, IoT
- I/O: analog, digital, SDI-12, Modbus
- iLink software
- Telemetry or cloud app
Pulse Counter CMCbt:
The CMCbt is a bluetooth pulse counter that provides an interface between the TBRG’s reed switch output and the FCD-App calibration software used in conjunction with HyQuest Solutions’ Field Calibration Device FCD.
Please ask for details.