Model TB6 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
HyQuest Solutions’ TB6 is a high-quality tipping bucket rain gauge for measuring rainfall and precipitation in urban and rural locations. The TB6 is the device of choice for accurately measuring low rainfall events and still provides good accuracy measuring heavier rain events.
The TB6’s tried and proven design ensures long-term, accurate and repeatable results. It is manufactured from high quality, durable materials ensuring long-term stability in the harshest of environments. It consists of a robust powder-coated aluminium enclosure, a UV-resistant ASA polymer base, and stainless steel fasteners and ﬁnger ﬁlter.
TB6 provides a ﬁnger ﬁlter that ensures the collector catch area remains unblocked when leaves, bird droppings and other debris ﬁnd their way into the catch.
The TB6’s base incorporates two water outlets at the bottom allowing for water collection and data veriﬁcation.
Maintenance of the TB6 is easy, because removal of the outer enclosure and access to the tipping bucket mechanism and ﬁnger ﬁlter assembly is made easy with quick release fasteners.
TB6 includes a dual output 24 V DC reed switch allowing for output redundancy or the addition of a second data logger. The second output could also be used for connecting HyQuest Solutions’ current meter counter CMCbt paired with the free FCD application that allow for easy and accurate ﬁeld calibration even in noisy (urban) environments. The reed switch incorporates varistor protection against surges that may be induced on long, inappropriately shielded signal cables.
- Long term stable calibration
- Minimal maintenance required
- Robust design for all environments
- Expandability: Optional autonomous real-time rain monitoring and reporting system RainTrak Undercover with in-built telemetry and logging (see ﬂip side)
Alternative Models TB3 and TB4
Industry-grade HS tipping buckets TB3 and TB4 are equipped with an integrated syphon mechanism which delivers high levels of accuracy across a broad range of rainfall intensities.
- 0.1 mm, 0.2 mm, 0.5 mm and 0.01 inches
- 0-50 mm per hour: better than +/-1 %
- 50-100 mm per hour: better than -3 %
- 100-150 mm per hour: better than -5 %
- 150-200 mm per hour: better than -7 %
- 200-300 mm per hour: better than -10 %
- Optional factory calibration: Accuracies for higher rainfall intensities can be improved upon request at time of order.
- 700 mm per hour
- Enclosure: powder-coated aluminium
- Base: UV-resistant ASA
- Bucket: chrome plated ASA
- Sapphire tipped
Height & Mass
- Height 330 mm; Weight 2.1 kg
- Operating Temperature Range: +4 °C to +7O °C; Humidity: O - 100 %
Hyquest Solutions Pty Ltd provides a complete solution for a rainfall station which can be summarised as follows:
- “All In One” Rainfall monitoring system
- A wide range of Rain Gauges to suit all needs
- A wide range of Data Loggers to suit different applications
- Remote communication using GPRS, Next G modems or satellite communication
- Solar panel and deep cycle battery
- Easily deployed on new or existing 2 inch BSP pipe
- Custom designed for harsh environments. (Heat shielding available on request)