Model TB305-1MM Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
The HyQuest Solutions Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge Model TB305/1.0/M is recognised as the world standard for measuring rainfall and precipitation in remote and unattended locations.
Each unit consists of a collector funnel with leaf filter, an integrated syphon control mechanism, an outer enclosure with quick release fasteners, and base which houses the tipping bucket mechanism.
The unit includes dual output reed switches with varistor protection as well as dual rainfall discharge outlets for water collection and/or analysis.
- Accuracy not affected by rainfall intensity
- Bucket size: 1mm
- Long term stable calibration
- Leaf filter resists blocking
- Optional internal Data Logger, with no external power requirement
- In-built discharge outlets at base for water collection and analysis
- Dual output signal for data collection and transmission
- Receiver: 305 mm ±0.8 diameter heavy duty cast aluminium, Powder coated.
- Bucket capacity:1.0 mm of rainfall.
- Sensitivity: one tip.
- Maximum intensity: 700 mm/hr.
- Calibration accuracy:
- 0-250 mm/hr ±2%
- 250-500 mm/hr ±3%
- Long term stable calibration.
- Humidity: 0 to 100 %
- Temperature: - 20 to +70 Degrees C
- Contact system: dual reed switches potted in soft silicon rubber with varistor protection.
- Max Capacity: 24 Volts (0.5 amp)
- Resistance: Initial contact resistance 0.1 OHMS
- M.T.B.F: 108 to 109 Operations
- Syphon: straight through mechanism
- Bucket: bucket assembly balanced to ±0.1 gms.
- Level:bulls eye level adhered to aluminium base.
- Mounting holes: three 10 x 20 mm slotted holes with 234 to 254 PCD cast in feet attached to outside diameter of base.
- Pivots: ground nickel silver pivots with hard stainless steel shaft.
- Insect covers: stainless steel mesh on all openings to prevent insects and ants entering gauge.
- Outer enclosure: keyed to enable the release of the outer enclosure without the need for the removal of the three securing screws.
- Height/Weight: 415mm / 5.5 kg
- Packed Dimensions: 6 kg, 0.04m3