The following principles are the cornerstones of our company philosophy, the reason for our success and the guideline for all our actions:
- We all use our knowledge and creativity to constantly improve our value-add processes with the aim to generate premium quality products and services.
- Our employees are a central factor for the quality of our services.
- Quality is the result of our willingness to take responsibility for each step in our development, production and service provisioning processes. We reward performance and sanction inappropriate behaviour without fail.
- Our management is responsible for the quality of our products and services.
- We see customer orientation as an ongoing process, in which we strive to identify the current and future needs of our clients, and to fulfil these requirements flexibly and competently.
- The primary task for our business activities is to create and maintain a long-term, meaningful relationship with our customers, partners and suppliers based on cooperation. We communicate openly and transparently, and keep our promises.
- Independent of the needs of our clients, we always ensure compliance with the relevant legal and regional requirements.
We wish to contribute towards continuously high profits, increasing the attractiveness of our offering for our clients, a positive work environment for our employees, and towards increasing the value of the capital invested by our shareholders and the general esteem within our community and in society.
Application and Validity
This code of conduct applies for all employees of the KISTERS Group: For the directors and the supervisory board, for the managing directors of the various group companies, for employees and for persons working in equal standing in terms of their role (e.g. agency workers on temporary contracts or consult-ants). Our international group companies comply with their relevant national law in regards to the implementation of this code of conduct. Violations of the Code of Conduct may have consequences as laid out by employment law, or in the form of disciplinary sanctions.
Lawful and Ethical Conduct
We respect the law and expect the same of our business partners. National and/or international legal framework conditions apply for any and all business activities of the KISTERS Group. We respect the cultural and ethical values of all the countries in which the KISTERS Group is active.
The KISTERS Group embraces its corporate responsibility for good and responsible corporate governance (e.g. German Corporate Governance Code2, Sarbanes-Oxley Act3). We expect the support of all KISTERS Group employees in these efforts, and their compliance in terms of their fields of responsibility.
Social minimum standards are based on the values of Global Compact4 and internationally recognized norms, guidelines and standards as provided by the International Labour Organization (ILO)5 and the OECD. KISTERS Group complies with the internationally recognized social minimum standards in all its dealings with suppliers, business partners and third parties.
KISTERS Group is committed to comply with the 10 principles of Global Compact:
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuse.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
1. Corporate governance is the legal and de facto regulatory framework for the management and supervision (governance) of companies. This includes the distribution of responsibilities amongst the corporate bodies, shareholder’s meeting, supervisory board and board of management with regards to the management and supervision of the company.
2. The German Corporate Governance Code adopted by the Government Commission contains not only essential statutory regulations for the management and supervision of German listed companies (governance), but also internationally and nationally recognized standards for good and responsible governance in the form of suggestions and recommendations.
3. As an internationally active company, KISTERS AG is subject to the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), which was adopted in the US in July of 2002. SOX is a law governing companies and their auditors with the aim to improve financial reporting.
4. Global Compact is a worldwide initiative by the United Nations to support and strengthen cooperation between the UN member states, the economy, and other groupings in society.
5. The International Labour Organization is a strategic policy initiative of the United Nations. The various bodies of the ILO consist of government, labour, and employer representatives from 177 member states. The ILO’s activities are focused on the creation of international work and social standards. Their goal is the improvement of the living conditions of the working population